Deploy Aviatrix Controller LAB
Aviatrix Sandbox Starter is a comprehensive tool to build Cloud Networks in minutes. It could also be used to just deploy the Aviatrix Controller in AWS with metered option. More details can be found here
- You must have AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
- Create EC2 Key Pair name for AWS Ohio region
- Subscribe to Aviatrix metered software from AWS Marketplace
- This procedure works the best for a brand new Aviatrix Controller deployment
You can deploy this tool in any AWS region. Make sure you have a proper EIP and VPC quota for your region. In our example, we will be deploying the Sandbox Starter tool in the N. Virginia region (us-east-1).
- Click here for the N. Virginia region EC2 setting
- Click here to search for the Sandbox Starter Public AMI under the Images section and select the latest Sandbox Starter AMI
- Click the Launch button and select t3.micro instance size
- Click Configure Instance Details and provide the following information. Leave everything else as default
- Network: Select the default VPC.
- Subnet: Select the public subnet
- Auto-assign Public IP: Enable
- Click Add Storage button. Do not change anything here
- Click Add Tags. Do not change anything here
- Click Configure Security Group
- Create a new security group with the following information
- Security Group Name: Aviatrix_Sandbox_Starter_SG
- Delete the SSH TCP 22 rule and add a new HTTPS TCP 443 rule as shown in the following screenshot
- Ignore the warning
- Review and launch now
- Select the Key Pair and Launch
- Click on the instance ID to show the details and copy the Public IPv4 address
- Once the instance "Running", browse to https://<Public IPv4 address>
- In our example it is https://126.96.36.199/
- The tool uses a self-signed certificate
- Accept the warning and proceed
- If using Chrome and you get a connection error message, you can bypass that by clicking anywhere and typing thisisunsafe
You should see the "Aviatrix Sandbox Starter" user interface (UI) now.
The standard workflow will deploy the controller in your AWS account.
It is recommended to provide a corporate email address to request for Aviatrix CoPilot test license In the future, we might add the option to launch Controller in other Clouds
The Controller launch process takes about 10 min to complete. After the Controller is launched, you can see its public IP address in the "Debug" option. Now you can log in to the Aviatrix Controller using the admin user-name and the password you specified.
Cost Calculator, Troubleshooting, detailed deployment steps in Azure, and other resources are available at the following link.
Terraform to Deploy Aviatrix Controller
One can also deploy an Aviatrix Controller using the terraform. Here are the instructions and git-hub repository
First of all I created an EC2 in the AWS' VPC. But when i create the EC2, AWS tell me to create a key that will allow me to connect to the EC2... i don't understand everything, so i just named a key "my name" and then the EC2 was created.
Next, i try to deploy Aviatrix Controller. When i get to the parameters where i have to choose VPC and subnet, i can't choose the keypair "Controller" as seen in the video, it shows me the key "my name" that i created before. Is this normal ?
Another thing that i noticed, my EC2 is configured "t2.large" not "t3.large", do i have to change it in the parameters when i deploy the controller ? or do i have to create an EC2 t3.large ?
Secondly, i just want to know if i pay the Aviatrix Controller that will be running in my AWS' VPC after deploying it ? I'm trying to practise in Cloud architecture (as shown in Aviatrix Controller Deployment video) that's why i want to know, im not really using the VPC.
Thanks for listening.