CloudWAN allows enterprises to manage multiple Cisco IOS Routers from the Aviatrix Controller without an SD-WAN. This allows the Cisco routers to be connected back to the cloud with ease.
Users were encouraged to use SD-WAN to connect, which wasn’t ideal for a few reasons.
- Enterprises had to invest heavily in SD-WAN because it was expensive.
- Their use case is very simple, as the user just needs connectivity from the branches to the cloud.
- They needed optimal connectivity without having to hop through multiple service providers.
This can all be solved with CloudWAN, which provides high throughput and low latency when transporting data back to the cloud or the data center. This is because CloudWAN onboards the Cisco router to the closest AWS or Azure branch location so that the packets can ride easily and securely on the cloud backbone to get to the destination.
- Log into the controller.
- Specify the WAN IP Address of your router.
- Provide the username and password.
- The branch router (Cisco) will automatically be onboarded on to the controller, and you will be able to manage it.
For more information, watch the video above.