Solved

Infrastructure as Code course - Issues with Sandbox deployment

• 8 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am currently in the process of deploying the sandbox starter tool as part of the IAC course.

The deployment is failing at this step: Error launching source instance: OptInRequired: In order to use this AWS Marketplace product you need to accept terms and subscribe. To do so please visit https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp?sku=bjl4xsl3kdlaukmyctcb7np9s

The pre-requisite asks to subscribe to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B08NTSDHKG (metered subscription), which I have done.

If I subscribe to the BYOL subscription as per the Debug log then the deployment passes, but it is asking for a customer ID to onboard the AWS account, which I don’t have.

Please advise on how to proceed.

icon

Best answer by John_Smoker 9 March 2022, 20:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Bilal Hussain There are two products being deployed by sandbox starter - controller and copilot. You rightly note that you needed to subscribe to Copilot in order to complete the deployment. This should be added to our prerequisites. You also mentioned that you subscribed to the controller. However, it sounds like you deployed a byol controller instead of a metered one. Did you do an advanced deploy and change from metered to byol? Metered (the default) is what you want. At this point, I would suggest clicking the 'Destroy' button to clean up the byol controller and try deploying again.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Badge

John Smoker Thanks for your reply John. I have managed to deploy both the controller and co-pilot. I suppose my confusion stemmed from the names of the two different subscriptions. 

The name of this subscription (controller) Aviatrix Secure Networking Platform Metered - Copilot & 24x7 Support contains the word "Copilot", so I assumed this included the Copilot subscription, but it seems it is just for the controller.

And this subscription (subscribe to Copilot) is for the Copilot alone.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Bilal Hussain That's correct. Sorry for the confusion. We've released a newer version of the tool and documentation to try and clarify this point.

Badge

Hello,

I'm now also in the process of deploying the sandbox starter tool as prerequisite of the Cloud Operation course, but I keep on getting the same error message above:

"Error launching source instance: OptInRequired: In order to use this AWS Marketplace product you need to accept terms and subscribe..."

, even if, as far as I can see, I do subscribed the Metered license and the Copilot one. The user I'm wokting with seems to have all the proper permissions, but I'm struggleling to find a solution here, having the course in two days...

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks