Altitude Podcast: The 2 Most Important Cloud Lessons from Season One

• 8 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

By Bryan Woodworth

August 7th, 2023

As we close in on the first six months of Altitude: The Unsung Heroes of Cloud Transformation, I want to take this opportunity to reflect on what I’ve learned after hosting so many interesting, influential, and inspiring guests. Together, we’ve explored a wide range of topics, such as the evolution of cloud, cloud migration, future trends, zero trust, digital transformation, and much more. Out of all these topics, I’ve selected the “top 2” that I want to explore in more detail.  

It was challenging to pick two favorite topics from an entire season, so before I delve into them further, I’d like to highlight a few notable episodes that deserve special attention: 

• The Impact of the Cloud Networking and Security Skills Gap on Enterprises” with Danielle Coady, VP of Marketing at Aviatrix, and Nauman Mustafa, VP of Business Development at Aviatrix: Danielle and Nauman highlight the importance of closing the skills gap in cloud, and we explore how the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) Program is a difference maker in preparing the next generation of network engineers for cloud.  

• Simplifying and Automating Global Network Connectivity” with Zac Smith, Head of Edge Infrastructure at Equinix: Zac pulls back the curtain on how Equinix rose to prominence vis-à-vis an egalitarian business model and delivers a master class in the importance of automation in a virtual world.  

• “Transforming Legacy Networks in a Multicloud World” with John Bristol, Practice Leader at Enterprise Vision Technologies: John shares his years of experience helping the F500 move to cloud, where automation, dev-centric processes, and re-thinking network architecture play a critical role.  

Without further ado, check out my favorite two topics from Altitude’s first season here!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!