Answer This: Reddit and Stack Overflow Roundup for Friday, November 10, 2023

• 10 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Every day, people visit Reddit and Stack Overflow seeking expert advice about cloud networking and security. We search through those posts and gather a list of discussions and questions that you – the experts – might find interesting or solvable. Some are career guidance, which is where your experience and advice matters. 

If you’re new to Reddit or Stack Overflow, some tips are below. And if you do respond to any of these threads, share the link to your responses back to this post so others in the community can follow you!

Below are the most recent inquiries.

Reddit

11/10 I can't ping one device from the same subnet, but I can from a different subnet.

11/10 Blogpost Friday!

11/10 AWS wants to start charging for all allocated IPv4 usage, yet most of their critical services don't support native IPv6

11/10 Cloud SQL communication with Compute engine

11/9 Firewalls and VNets - newbie question

11/9 Handling Azure/cloud connectivity to on prem?

11/9 Can GCP project numbers change?

11/8 Rant Wednesday!

11/8 Is it necessary to have NAT Gateway to call third party APIs from private subnets?

Stack Overflow

11/10  How to pass "Source UID" to iptables?

11/10 Azure App Service - Azure Database for MySQL flexible server - VNet integration / private co...

11/9 Attach EC2 in multi-region to ECS Anywhere

11/9 AWS lambda timeout error in VPC invoking external URL

11/9 I have a problem unable to send RTMP with egress

11/8 Not Able to connect RDP using azure site to site vpn with local fortigate firewall

---------------------------------------------

Tips:

1. If posting something self-promotional, be sure to disclose the organization you work for or other relevant connections. (For example: “Full disclosure: I work for secure cloud networking company Aviatrix”)
  2. Company subreddits (particularly r/AWS) often do not allow specific company/product mentions. If you do post them, they may be removed by moderators.
  3. Share the link to your responses back to this thread on The Cloud Network so others in the community can follow you. 
  4. Keep up with Aviatrix at r/Aviatrix!

1 reply

When looking for information about IPTables modules, you’ll typically find this documented in the iptables-extensions manpage.