Solved

Sandbox Starter Tool Setup

The link in the SBST documentation points to a marketplace subscription that is no longer available to opt-in to. The TF script failed due to this issue also.

Will there be a fix for this soon?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 May 2021, 01:34

View original

11 replies

AWS Marketplace: Aviatrix Secure Networking Platform Metered - Copilot & 24x7 Support (amazon.com)

I found the newer version here. But you might encounter an error where the Sandbox tries to reach back to the old one.

I couldn't launch a controller

Now I see your same error:

Error launching source instance: OptInRequired: In order to use this AWS Marketplace product you need to accept terms and subscribe. To do so please visit https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp?sku=b03hn7ck7yp392plmk8bet56k status code: 401, request id: fea54607-e06f-4341-b3b1-b38b84628f56 on aviatrix-controller-build/main.tf line 22, in resource "aws_instance" "aviatrixcontroller": 22: resource aws_instance aviatrixcontroller { --> Controller launch failed, aborting.

I'm gonna dig around and see if there is a setting in the terraform that could be updated to the new AWS Marketplace product

I found line 80 in the kickstart.sh that points to the old product

if [ -z $KS_GOVCLOUD ]; then
  read -n 1 -r -s -p $'
--> Go to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp?sku=b03hn7ck7yp392plmk8bet56k and subscribe to the Aviatrix platform. Click on "Continue to subscribe", and accept the terms. Do NOT click on "Continue to Configuration". Press any key once you have subscribed.
'
  else
  read -n 1 -r -s -p $'
--> Go to https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp?sku=b03hn7ck7yp392plmk8bet56k and subscribe to the Aviatrix platform. ACCESS THE MARKETPLACE FROM THE AWS ROOT ACCOUNT THAT IS IN CHARGE OF YOUR AWS GOVCLOUD ACCOUNT. Click on "Continue to subscribe", and accept the terms. Do NOT click on "Continue to Configuration". Press any key once you have subscribed.
'
  fi

Maybe we can find the new product link and then replace that on our local systems

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B08NTSDHKG

I edited lines 80 and 82 on the kickstart.sh file and a couple in kickstart_web.sh

Now I am seeing an error of:

--> Controller launch failed, aborting.

Error import KeyPair: InvalidKeyPair.Duplicate: The keypair 'avtx-ctrl-key' already exists. status code: 400, request id: 4b851a7a-74a9-4368-b467-7516bac04602 on main.tf line 51, in resource "aws_key_pair" "avtx_ctrl_key": 51: resource "aws_key_pair" "avtx_ctrl_key" { --> Controller launch failed, aborting.

Still troubleshooting

Hi Rob,

To get past that error, you need to remove the keypair in the appropriate region (us-east-1 by default).

-- Umair

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Rob Swalve The fix has been pushed to dockerhub. Pull the latest image and recreate your container using it. Let us know if you have any issues.

John Smoker Umair Hoodbhoy for all the help! I was able to get the Sandbox up and going  with AWS & Azure 🙂

Super cool

Thanks all for the quick turn around -JG

Badge

I could succesfully start the controller, but while trying to launch the Transit in AWS the debug is showing the error “Customer ID is not setup”. I’m not finding in the SST documentation where this should be setup.

Any help is really appreciated

Thanks

Debug info

aviatrix_spoke_gateway.aws_spoke_gws["spoke1"]: Creating... aviatrix_spoke_gateway.aws_spoke_gws["spoke2"]: Creating... aviatrix_transit_gateway.aws_transit_gw: Still creating... [1m10s elapsed] aviatrix_spoke_gateway.aws_spoke_gws["spoke1"]: Still creating... [10s elapsed] aviatrix_spoke_gateway.aws_spoke_gws["spoke2"]: Still creating... [10s elapsed] ╷ │ Warning: Resource targeting is in effect │ │ You are creating a plan with the -target option, which means that the │ result of this plan may not represent all of the changes requested by the │ current configuration. │ │ The -target option is not for routine use, and is provided only for │ exceptional situations such as recovering from errors or mistakes, or when │ Terraform specifically suggests to use it as part of an error message. ╵ ╷ │ Warning: Applied changes may be incomplete │ │ The plan was created with the -target option in effect, so some changes │ requested in the configuration may have been ignored and the output values │ may not be fully updated. Run the following command to verify that no other │ changes are pending: │ terraform plan │ │ Note that the -target option is not suitable for routine use, and is │ provided only for exceptional situations such as recovering from errors or │ mistakes, or when Terraform specifically suggests to use it as part of an │ error message. ╵
╷ │
failed to create Aviatrix Transit Gateway: rest API create_transit_gw Post failed:
[AVXERR-TRANSIT-0067] Customer ID is not setup. abort │ │ with aviatrix_transit_gateway.aws_transit_gw, │ on aviatrix_aws.tf line 28, in resource "aviatrix_transit_gateway" "aws_transit_gw": │ 28: resource "aviatrix_transit_gateway" "aws_transit_gw" { │ ╵ ╷ │
failed to create Aviatrix Spoke Gateway: rest API create_spoke_gw Post failed:
[AVXERR-TRANSIT-0067] Customer ID is not setup. abort │ │ with aviatrix_spoke_gateway.aws_spoke_gws["spoke2"], │ on aviatrix_aws.tf line 48, in resource "aviatrix_spoke_gateway" "aws_spoke_gws": │ 48: resource "aviatrix_spoke_gateway" "aws_spoke_gws" { │ ╵ ╷ │
failed to create Aviatrix Spoke Gateway: rest API create_spoke_gw Post failed:
[AVXERR-TRANSIT-0067] Customer ID is not setup. abort │ │ with aviatrix_spoke_gateway.aws_spoke_gws["spoke1"], │ on aviatrix_aws.tf line 48, in resource "aviatrix_spoke_gateway" "aws_spoke_gws": │ 48: resource "aviatrix_spoke_gateway" "aws_spoke_gws" { │ ╵ --> Failed to launch AWS transit, aborting.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Important Announcement

The Aviatrix Sandbox Starter tools has reached end of life as of July 7th 2023.

Use new and improved SaaS tool called Aviatrix Self Service Launch Tool (SSLT) for

• All Aviatrix ACE Training and Certification requirement such as
    • ACE Cloud Operations
    • ACE Cloud Automation
    • etc.
  • POC / POC
  • Demo / LAB
  • Product Deployment
  • etc.