Solved

this error come when deploying a resource with  pulumi using python

• 15 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

i did deploy controller and copilot at aws console manually.

this error come when deploying a resource with  pulumi using python for lab single cloud multi region 

aviatrix:index:AviatrixAccount (myaccounts):
    error: 1 error occurred:
        * controller version validation failed: current Terraform branch does not support controller version: UserConnect-7.1. Please go to 'https://registry.terraform.io/providers/AviatrixSystems/aviatrix/latest/docs/guides/release-compatibility' for version construct instructions

how to solve it ?

icon

Best answer by Matthew_Gillespie 20 May 2024, 17:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

i   checked from  pulumi aviatrix provider   repository at github   

using pulumi aviatrix 0.0.11 · Issue #3 · astipkovits/pulumi-aviatrix (github.com)  

response was  This Pulumi provider is based on the Aviatrix Terraform provider version 2.24.1. This version is compatible with Aviatrix controller version 6.9.161. Your controller is version 7.1.x which is not supported by this Pulumi provider, thus you see this message. For reference, see the Controller compatibility part of the readme.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

can be using the controller of particular version only and do update manually when its need its patches to be updated or should disable auto update   for controller   will be recommended? 

While I’ve not used the Pulumi provider before, it looks like it stopped development over 2 years ago and does not support newer versions of the Aviatrix controller. 

6.9 is no longer a supported version of the Aviatrix Controller.

With each new version of the Aviatrix controller, you’ll find an updated Terraform Provider. You can determine which Terraform provider matches your Controller version by looking at that page.

Did you have reservations against using Terraform for automated deployment? If not, I would recommend leveraging Terraform as the provider is kept up to date.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

no reservation on terraform. but due to trade law 

This content is not currently
available in your region.

Please see trade controls

i can't access it and only option to use terraform or terraform cloud, it requires to use vpn  so i  access terraform cloud